IP PLUS LAW CLINIC
The IP Plus Law Clinic is an initiative launched and managed by Bangladesh Intellectual Property Forum (BIPF). The Clinic offers pro-bono (free) legal advice and support specific to the field of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and relevant business law matters, catered to individuals belonging to the creative fraternity.
The Clinic also welcomes Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), not-for-profit entities, IT entrepreneurs, and start-up businesses to avail the pro-bono legal advice or services offered by the clinic.
The IP Plus Law Clinic is a platform too for the prospective law graduates to gain hands-on experience and prepare themselves towards becoming legal practitioners in this rapidly evolving are of law.
IP Plus Law Clinic provides the following legal supports:
- Advice on appropriate IPR protection, i.e. Copyright, Trademark, Patent
- Registration of Copyright, Design and Trademarks*
- Legal tips for Technology Transfer
- Formation of new company for businesses
- Preparing MoA & AoA, obtaining Trade License, TIN, VAT registration etc. for start-up businesses*
- Preparing Copyright, Trademark licenses or assignments
- Issuance of legal notice or initiative claims for infringements
- Settlement of claims and conducting negotiations
- *Govt. charges & fees apply where necessary
We are open on weekdays, 10am-6pm. Feel free to call for an appointment or walk-in with your probable queries or concerns. Phone calls can however be made at any hours of the day, our representatives would be happily available at your service.
One of a kind publication that focuses on creativity and innovation
Bangladesh’s first-ever online magazine dedicated to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Copyright issues. The magazine is a unique content house to find inspiring news and stories on science and technology, architecture, business, literature, education, music, photography and every other related fields of innovation and creativity.
Click here to view INTELLECT
VOLUNTEER FOR IP
The VOLUNTEER FOR IP (VIP) is aimed to be MORE than an opportunity for the youth community of Bangladesh. Here enthusiastic young individuals are selected, groomed and certified to be a committed advocate of IPR. The program is designed to promote -
- Basics of IPR
- Importance of IPR protection for Bangladesh
- Benefits of Volunteering for IP
- Lead by Example: Leadership and
- How to be a VIP
Certified VIPs are expected to carry out IPR awareness activities among their peers, communities and social circles. The activities are reasoned to be interactive and may range from interactive discussion sessions, simulation sessions to tailor-made training workshop or academic seminars. VIPs will have ample support, opportunities and provisions to conduct the probable activities.
Goals & Objectives
- Generate IPR awareness among the youth society
- Make the youth understand the importance of IPR for our economic growth
- Familiarize the youth on the various aspects of IP
- Promote creativity and innovation within Bangladesh
- Encourage the youths in nurturing creativity and innovation
- Provide guidance and support to young IP holders
To commemorate the World IP Day on April 26, every year, BIPF conducts the VIP Boot Camp to train hundred young minds on basic IP issue.